December 19, 2010
Celebrate the Real Reason of Jesus’ Birth
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Seasons Greetings! Whichever welcome you choose is fine. However, one certain thing is that this season is set aside to honor Jesus Christ. Far beyond Christmas carols, trees and gifts, the cause for His arrival on earth was to rule and reign. Never forget that His kingdom is above all others (Luke 1:26-33, Isaiah 9:6, Matthew 4:7).
Why Did Jesus Come?
- To proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor (Luke 4:14).
- To ensure our freedom from sin.
- To undo everything that satan has done in our lives.
- Jesus submitted Himself to the womb of His mother then came to earth as a baby to grow and develop into a man. It was important for Him to have the complete human experience, so He could help us and win us back from the enemy!
- To destroy the works of the devil (1 John 3:8, John 10:10).
- To take authority from the enemy and give it back to us (Matthew 28:18).
Now that Jesus has come to the earth for us, we have total access to His power. His mighty authority has been transferred to us, and He has implemented the power to back it up. The power of Jesus Christ is alive in you (1 John 4:4)! If you decide to operate in what Jesus left you, then your life will change.
Be Committed to Be Like Christ
Even though the Christmas holiday has passed, there are some qualities that the Lord would like for us to adopt or brush up on. We should keep the spirit of Christ in our hearts all throughout the year, not only for a season.
Go out of your way to bless someone.
- Love unconditionally.
- Be forgiving.
- Be non-judgmental to all (even when they don’t deserve it).
- Care more about others more than you care about yourself.
- Fulfill God’s purpose.
- Live by faith.
- Be the ultimate giver.
Remember that the power of Christ is alive in you!
Pastors Cedric and Joyce Oliver